Go to the Media Center to get the latest edition of the ECC Times newsletter and ECC Monthly Activities Calendar.
Our preschool program builds solid educational and social foundations for deaf children ages 3 and 4 who live in the twenty-two county RSD service area surrounding Rochester, Western and Central New York. Utilizing curriculum materials from SKI-HI Institute, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool and Teaching Strategies GOLD®, our multifaceted approach addresses the unique needs of each child and his or her family. Through our center-based full-day program, full and inclusive communication accessibility is a critical aspect of each child’s daily experience.
For assistance in applying to RSD, to arrange for a campus tour, or for general intake referral information, call 585-336-5854; 585-286-2806 (VP) or e-mail: Info@RSDeaf.org.
What we offer:
- A low teacher-to-student ratio which allows for individual instruction and assessment
- Acquisition of both ASL and English through a bilingual environment rich in these languages
- Enhanced language skill development resulting in children who become bilingual
- In-class and 1:1 support from an audiologist and a speech teacher to optimize the use of assistive devices including hearing aids and cochlear implants
- In-class support to maximize sign language development
- Culturally relevant experiences infused throughout the curriculum
- On-going collaboration between the family, classroom teacher, and our evaluation team
- Innovative and research-based "Best Practices" instruction
- A state-of-the-art multisensory sound room
- Art, Library, Music and Physical Education classes that enhance the preschool curriculum