At Rochester School for the Deaf (RSD), our Early Childhood Programs support families in ways that effectively help them to understand and succeed with many of the unique challenges and opportunities they will experience.
RSD teachers and support staff provide comprehensive evaluation and diagnostic services to help develop an individualized plan to meet the social and academic needs of each young child in our programs.
We recognize and value:
- Parents and their intimate knowledge of their child
- The importance of educating children who are deaf or hard of hearing as well as members of their family
- Collaborative partnerships between teachers, therapists, specialists, and families
- Parent's rights to make informed decisions about appropriate educational opportunities for their child
- Opportunities for parents to network with each other through workshops and school activities
Our Early Childhood Programs offers:
All Early Childhood Program services are free-of-charge to those families whose children fall within the guidelines to attend RSD and who reside in the 23-county area surrounding Rochester, New York.
For assistance in applying to RSD, to arrange for a campus tour, or for general intake referral information, call 585-336-5854; 585-286-2806 (VP) or e-mail: Info@RSDeaf.org.